Oil and Gas Jobs in USA
- Job ID: 71723315
- Workplace Type: On-Site
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States
- Company Name For Job: Leidos
- Position Title: Optical Engineer – Mid to Senior
- Job Function: Engineering
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Required Travel: None
Dyne tics, located in Huntsville, Alabama, is seeking a talented mid-senior optical test engineer to join a diverse and highly skilled team developing unique solutions to complex problems associated with directed energy systems.
I’m looking for.
Serve as part of inter-company and cross-organizational development teams Derive detailed system requirements from high-level customer requirements Gather and develop requirements for optical components integrated into complex systems.
Develop Heat and Thermal Modeling Stress Effects on Optical Components and Optical Systems Prepare and Present Instructions and/or Demonstrations to Customers and Management Plan and Conduct Demonstration Tests at U.S.
Government Test Stations/Facilities Integrating and aligning optical components into mechanical systems Performing tolerance specification and analysis of optical components Component and assembly systems Specifying and characterizing optical coatings!
- Optical Engineering, Mechanical from an ABET accredited university Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of direct experience in the development and analysis of optical components and systems.
- Experience in developing, operating, and testing directed energy systems or similar systems is required.
- Proven experience working with multi-functional teams in implementing systems from requirements definition to design to implementation is required while ensuring project timelines and budgets are met.
- Experience in creating, modifying, and using test plans during the development, qualification, and approval stages of optical systems is required.
- Must reside in the North Alabama area or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, North Alabama area.
- Master’s degree in Optical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or equivalent from an ABET accredited university.
- Experience in selection and integration of optoelectronic devices such as lasers, photodiodes, beam profilers and spectrometers Experience in optical component and system design
- Experience with Zemax, Code V, etc.
- MATLAB or Python experience 3D CAD experience SolidWorks or similar experience GDT&E experience
- Candidate must be a U.S.
- citizen and have (and be able to maintain) Final Security Clearance there is.
Salary Range $101,400.00 – $183,300.00
- The salary range for this job level at Leidos is a general guideline only and is not a guarantee of compensation or salary.
- Other factors considered when extending the offer include job responsibilities, training, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities, as well as internal capital, alignment with market data and applicable collective agreements (if any).
- This includes (but is not limited to).
|OIL AND GAS
|View & Apply